Promoting the use of ICT, information society, digital public services and competitiveness is one of the strategic pillars on which the development policy of the Spanish economy has been based in recent years. The use of the digital economy aims to the strengthening of public governance, participation, information and communication channels of the civil society (companies, SMEs, foundations, universities, research centers and trainers, etc.), collaboration between government and society, as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of public administrations and local development through economic growth.
Creatividad y Tecnología is responsible for the management of Digital Society programs promoted in Spain, assisting the ministry in the evaluation and subsequent control and technical, economic and administrative monitoring of projects financed by these plans in the areas of:
- Digital Citizenship: for the use of ICT´s in civil society and Public Administrations, including digital and electronic Government programs
- Digital Public Services: to improve the management of public organizations and the implementation of e-Administration.
- Digital Economy: to strengthen the competitiveness of small and medium enterprises.
- Digital Context: to create a favorable environment for digital inclusion.
- Budget: €1,800,000.-
- Investment volume managed EUR 100 Million.