Technical assistance for the completion, the assessment and follow up of the River Basin Management Plan after its entry into force, as well as design, monitoring and control of the measures to achieve a good ecological condition of water bodies and support in the dissemination, information and public participation processes.
All the activities were focus on accomplishing the objectives of water planning, which are: achieving a good condition and adequate protection of public water domain and water bodies, meeting water demands, balance and harmonization of regional and sectoral development increasing the availability of the resource protecting its quality, economizing its utilization and streamlining its uses in harmony with the environment and other natural resources, following sustainability criteria in water utilization through integrated management and long-term protection of water resources. Likewise, water planning should help mitigate the effects of floods and droughts.
- Plan implementation Follow up, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Coordination of information with the different competent authorities
- Design and characterization of the measures plan.
- Assistance in Public Information Processes
- Assistance in Public Participation processes: reception, reply and / or incorporation of allegations to the Plan
- Definition of environmental flows
- Development of Environmental Sustainability Report
- Economic and Environmental Characterization of the Plan
- Scientific advice on environmental and socio-economic matters.
- Budget: 1.800.000 €
- Basin Area: 17.582 km2
- Number of inhabitants: 825.000