The Spanish Agency for International Cooperation to Development (AECID) is responsible for managing funds, grants and projects for cooperation to development at the international level and also for ensuring its effective implementation.
This Agency performs tasks of granting, monitoring, implementation and evaluation of grants, being required to verify the adequate justification of subsidies. Creatividad y Tecnología performs activities for the monitoring, verification, control and evaluation of grants and proposes improvements to ensure compliance with the purposes of the grants and projects. The typology of projects managed includes:
- Institutional Strengthening and Training at municipal, national, regional and global level.
- Community Development
- Sanitation and Supply
- Physical and productive infrastructures
- Compensation projects to indigenous and disadvantaged communities
- Improvement of living conditions
- Gender equality
- Creation of Productive Cooperatives
- Governmental transparency projects
- Investment volume managed: EUR 1,000,000,000.-
- Number of countries with monitored projects: Over 150
- Number of projects managed: Over 2,500